The Forecastle Foundation is a non-profit 501c3 corporation, founded by Captain JK McKnight. Merging education and conservation, its mission is both local and global:
1. Educate on global environmental issues and how individuals can reduce their carbon footprint to preserve the world’s most threatened, biodiversity hot spots.
2. Protect the world’s most threatened, biodiversity hot spots, so that the land, species, and benefits remain for future generations.
With dual, complimentary initiatives, The Forecastle Foundation serves to both educate and protect. It raises awareness on one of the most important issues of our time, while preserving some of the most endangered biodiversity hot spots on the planet.
In 2013, The Forecastle Foundation will contribute to up to two global hot zones. We will work with internationally-renowned non-profit organizations such as CI, WWF, and others involved with the project(s) we select, to stay constantly updated and engaged on the project. Our global ambassadors will be updated quarterly on each project, and the progress being made on to preserve it for future generations.
The Forecastle Foundation is responsible for overseeing the environmental activism pillar of the Forecastle Festival. At the 2013 event, the Foundation will be responsible for the following:
1. Showcasing the global work of The Forecastle Foundation and the projects and countries that are of focus for the year
2. Developing the educational programming for the Foundation area (workshops, panels, etc)
3. Curating the entertainment portfolio for the Foundation area
4. Booking the education and entertainment talent – speakers, panelists, musicians, artists, and more – to be part of this area
Contribute to the Forecastle Foundation