Mark those calendars and #GetOnboard … Forecastle 2015 is headed back to Louisville’s scenic Waterfront Park July 17-19! Start plannin’ now with some special hotel rates and stay tuned … we’ve got an exclusive holiday presale in the works with full details coming soon!
Congratulating our friends My Morning Jacket for doing Kentucky proud in winning the 2014 Kentucky Governor’s National Award in the Arts! The Commonwealth’s highest honor in the arts, the Governor’s Awards recognize individuals and organizations who have made extraordinary and significant contributions to the arts in Kentucky. Keep up the good work, boys.
Check it out, y’all! American Songwriter Magazine recently premiered a special Trampled by Turtles performance of “Lucy” from Forecastle, captured at WFPK’s Members’ Only Bourbon Brunch! This week we’re sharing all 4 songs they performed, including “Are You Behind The Shining Star?” (below), “Hollow,” “Winners,” and of course, “Lucy.” Have a watch and enjoy!
Too busy with the music at Forecastle to snag your commemorative gear? Never fear – we’ve got you covered! From shirts and bandanas to blankets and koozies, there’s a little somethin’ somethin’ for everyone in the webstore. Shop now!
Since our magical weekend together, we’ve had a host of outlets singing praises! Check ‘em out below and relive some of your favorite moments on the Waterfront!
- American Songwriter: “The 5 Best Moments From Forecastle Festival”
- The Bourbon Review: “Bourbon, Music, and Hunter S. Thompson”
- Consequence of Sound: “Forecastle 2014: Top 10 Sets + Photos”
- Consequence of Sound’s Rock It Out! Blog: “A Conversation with Jenny Lewis”
- Consequence of Sound’s Rock It Out! Blog: “A Conversation with Reignwolf”
- Consequence of Sound’s Rock It Out! Blog: “A Conversation with Sharon Jones”
- Consequence of Sound’s Rock It Out! Blog: “A Conversation with The Districts”
- MTV: “Green Day Singer Billie Joe Armstrong Has The Greatest Summer Job Ever”
- Rolling Stone: “Festivals 2014: Rolling Stone’s Best Live and Backstage Photos”
- Rolling Stone: “Forecastle Festival 2014′s Greatest Country Moments”
- Pitchfork: “Jack White Covers Jay-Z’s “99 Problems” Live”
- Pop Matters: “Outkast Fires Up the Audience at Day One of Forecastle Festival”
- Pop Matters: “Jack White Rocks the Audience at Forecastle Day Two”
- Pop Matters: “Sun-Drenched ’90s Nostalgia at Forecastle Day Three”
- Southern Living: “5 Reasons Why Forecastle is Our Favorite Festival”
- StarTribune: “Review: The Replacements add more blunder, thunder at Forecastle Fest”
- Virgin: “Music Festivals: It’s All Settling In”
- WFPK: “2014 WFPK Port Stage Archive”
The weekend may be over but that doesn’t mean the fun stops here! We’re going to have plenty of coverage for your post-Forecastle blues, from photos to videos and more. But first, start off with a little note from all of us on the ship and check out the video above. To our beloved city of Louisville, our artists, and most importantly our FANS, you made Forecastle absolutely magical! Thank you for a spectacularly unforgettable weekend!
Absolutely one for the ages! Today was a sunshine-filled experience, the perfect backdrop for our final day on the Waterfront! From the symmetrically lovely Lucius to The Replacements’ legendary set featuring Billie Joe Armstrong AND Josh Freese, and of course our main man Beck, we’ve lived the dream today and everyday this weekend. Enjoy a recap here!
Day 2 brought the music in full force to the Waterfront! We had the reunion of Louisville post-rockers Slint, legend Dwight Yoakam, celebrity bartending with Patrick Hallahan of Spanish Gold and My Morning Jacket … and of course, rocker god Jack White, whose 40-minute encore set ended with “Seven Nation Army.” Get the lowdown here!
In case you haven’t heard, Day 1 of Forecastle absolutely rocked the Waterfront! From Outkast to Twenty One Pilots, JJ Grey & Mofro to all of YOUR beautiful faces, it was a day we won’t soon forget. Check out our photo recap here!