We’re here to help! If you don’t see your question answered below, drop us a line at info(at)forecastlefest(dot)com. We do not accept unsolicited music submissions at any urseoint in the year, and those sent to this address will not receive a reply.
Lose or find something at last year’s festival? Shoot us a message at lostandfound(at)forecastlefest(dot)com with the details.
Please note that the FAQs listed below apply only to Waterfront Park and the Forecastle Festival.
When and where does Forecastle take place?
Forecastle 2017 takes place July 14-16 in Louisville, KY at the stunning Waterfront Park.
What can I bring?
To make sure you have everything you’ll need while aboard the ship, please feel free to bring the following items with you:
- Sun block
- Blankets, sheets and towels
- Point-and-shoot cameras
- Small backpacks and purses and empty hydration bladder packs. Large backpacks, book bags, or any bag that is not clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC, and over 12”x6”x12” in size will not be allowed.
- Empty water bottle (free, filtered water provided to all patrons via 3 Hydration Stations)
- 1 sealed bottle of water
- Selfie Sticks are allowed, but must expand to no longer than 40″ in length and must be made of light material (light metal, rubber plastic.) All selfie sticks are subject to Forecastle staff discretion and may or may not be allowed.
REMEMBER: All travelers and their belongings are subject to search and prohibited items will be removed at the discretion of the front gate and security staff.
Do you allow re-entry?
Those visitors with a General Admission Weekend Pass, VIP Weekend Pass and VIP Single Day Ticket will have re-entry privileges. General Admission Single Day Ticket holders will not be allowed re-entry.
Where should I park?
- There is plenty of street parking and many open lots near Waterfront Park. Please click here for a map of parking lots, or visit our Transportation page. Pay attention to signage and park only in areas where public parking is permitted. The Forecastle Festival is not responsible if your vehicle is towed or ticketed.
- We also encourage you to ride your bike! It reduces your carbon footprint, provides great exercise, and sustainable transport. We will have a complimentary bike valet service provided by MailChimp available outside the secondary entrance on the southwest side of the park.
- We also encourage walking and public transit. Click here to learn more.
- Also, please travel safe and enjoy the festival responsibly. On-premise, there will be cab or City Scoot services available. We all want to make sure you make it home safely!
Is this event family friendly?
We are certainly a family friendly event and welcome guests of all ages. Children under 6 will be admitted for free with an adult admission..
What should I leave at home?
We make every effort to provide an environment where all travelers can fully enjoy their time aboard the ship. With that in mind, kindly leave these items at home:
- Large backpacks, book bags, or any bag that is not clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC, and over 12”x6”x12” in size will not be allowed.
- Food and Drink
- Illegal substances of any kind
- Lawn chairs or picnic baskets
- Glow sticks
- Silly String
- Spray Paint
- Pets (Service Dogs will be permitted)
- Glass Containers and Metal Aerosol Cans, including Sunscreen in Aerosol Cans
- Scooters or Personal Motorized Vehicles
- Detachable lens cameras
- Recording devices of any kind including professional recording equipment, GoPros, audio recording equipment, and video recording equipment
- No unauthorized vendors will be permitted
- No solicitations, handbills, sampling, give-aways, etc.
- Remote-controlled vehicles or aircrafts, including drones
REMEMBER: All travelers and their belongings are subject to search and prohibited items will be removed at the discretion of the front gate staff. These items are subject to change at anytime and at the discretion of the front gate and security staff.
What time do gates open each day and when does the music start / end?
Opening times for the 2017 Forecastle Festival will be available closer to the event. Check back here for more details in the coming months.
TICKETS & SHOWS
What is the difference between the general admission price levels?
There is no difference between the general admission price levels. It’s simply an incentive to purchase sooner rather than later. The earlier you buy, the more you save!
What does VIP include?
VIP details are available on our ticketing page.
If I bought a weekend pass or daily ticket, am I automatically admitted to the late-night shows?
These are separately ticketed events. Capacity for these events is very limited, so be sure to make plans early.
Can I purchase individual drink tickets or Option 1 for the Bourbon Lodge in advance?
No, individual drink tickets will only be available on site at the Bourbon Lodge. Full memberships are the only option available for purchase in advance.
What delivery options do I have when purchasing a Bourbon Lodge membership in advance?
If you purchase your Bourbon Lodge membership along with your Forecastle festival ticket, your membership voucher will be set to the same delivery method as your festival ticket. For example, if you chose to have your festival tickets mailed, your Bourbon Lodge membership voucher will also be mailed to you. If you purchase your Bourbon Lodge membership separately, you will be able to choose your delivery option (print at home, mail, or shipping). Regular per order delivery charges will apply.
How do I redeem my Bourbon Lodge Membership voucher for my mug and drink tickets?
More information will be emailed directly to Bourbon Lodge members closer to the festival date.
Do you offer special hotel rates?
Yes! Check out our exclusive Forecastle hotel rates here.
Do you offer camping?
KOA offers camping within a 3-mile driving distance from Waterfront Park. Please click here for more info. Directions and contact info is as follows:
- Louisville Metro KOA
900 Marriott Drive
Clarksville, IN 47129
Jefferson Memorial Forest also offers camping 15-20 minutes from downtown Louisville. Special event camping is available during Forecastle at a reduced rate (see below). Campsites are primitive tent sites only; no campers, RVs or pop-ups allowed. Reservations can be made by calling 502-368-5404. More information is available here.
- Group sites 1-4: $35 per evening (multiple tents, up to 70 people, water on site)
- Family sites 1-7: $20 per evening (single family up to 5 people, shared water source)
- Special Event Field camping: $15 per evening (gathering field marked into slots, shared water)
- Firewood: $10 per unit (enough for 1 night’s fire)
Just inside the West Entrance to the festival grounds near the Information Booth will be the Access Center. There you can find maps identifying the restricted viewing areas reserved for patrons with disabilities (plus one companion). The space in these viewing areas is limited however and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Also found at the Access Center are large-print programs as well as one printed in Braille. A power outlet will be available for recharging power wheelchairs.
There will be slightly elevated, restricted viewing areas near the Mast, Boom, and Port Stages for people with mobility limitations and/or those who require a sign language interpreter. Stop by the Access Center to pick up the specially identified Access wristband that will allow a patron with a disability plus one companion access into the viewing areas. Please note: having a wristband does NOT guarantee entry to the viewing areas. Space is limited and will be available on a first-come, first served basis. When capacity is reached the viewing areas will be closed and no one else will be allowed entry.
Seating is mandatory in the viewing areas to allow a clean line of sight for everyone. Chairs will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Please cooperate with festival staff if asked to make room for additional patrons. There is no smoking in the viewing areas and no saving of seats. Any violation of these policies can result in immediate expulsion from the viewing areas.
Patrons With Mobility Limitations
The festival is held outdoors in a park. There will be a lot of natural terrain to travel over and if it rains it could become muddy. There are sometimes great distances between stages.
Personal assistance, wheelchair pushes, and any type of transportation, including golf cart rides, are NOT provided by the festival. If you require any additional assistance please plan on bringing a companion. Wheelchairs are not available for rent or loan.
Wheelchairs, power wheelchairs and small three or four-wheeled scooters are allowed in the festival. Other power-driven devices will be considered only on a case-by-case basis. A power device should not move faster than a person can walk and extreme care needs to be taken when operating such devices due to the large crowds expected at the festival. Therefore, large, fast and heavy mobility devices are not appropriate in this situation.
Accessible portalets can be found at the end of each row of portalets.
Patrons Who Are Deaf / Hard of Hearing
Forecastle Festival has an American Sign Language (ASL) team available. Some main stage (Mast and Boom) shows will be interpreted. Because it takes quite a lot of time for interpreters to study and practice the music, please send specific requests to us as soon as possible at email@example.com. Please include your cell phone number in the request. Please note we will do our best to accommodate requests but cannot guarantee anything. During the event, stop by the Access Center to see the entire interpreter schedule and get more information.
Pets are NOT allowed at the festival; however, service animals, which are trained to provide assistance to a patron with a disability, are welcome. The owner of the animal may be asked what service the animal provides. A Notice of Responsibility, available for download here, should be filled out by the owner for the service animal. Be prepared to show this Notice to the Security Staff when arriving at the festival.
Special Dietary Needs
If a patron has a special dietary restriction, those items will be allowed onto festival grounds if accompanied by a doctor’s note.
Any medically necessary medicine and materials must be in the name of the patron. Your ID will be matched with the label on the items brought to the festival. Please dispose of any medical waste and syringes at the First Aid stations found around the festival grounds. Please do not dispose of them in trash bins.
There is no parking on-site. However, street parking and public parking lots including accessible spaces are nearby. Please check the Louisville/Transportation tab on the Forecastle Festival website for a map of parking lots.
Please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any other questions you may have. We’re looking forward to see you at the festival!
SAFETY & MEDICAL
What are the safety and medical procedures?
If you need medical attention, we will have two medical tents located on-site as well as a medical team at both the Mast stage and Boom stage. If you can’t make it to one of the medical tents or team, grab an event organizer or member of our security staff, and we will assist you.
It’s important to us that everyone take good care of themselves. Please make sure to eat good healthy foods and drink lots of water! All that dancing can take a lot out of you, so take a break if you don’t feel well.